Vegan Easter Creme Eggs
Mar 22, 2016
Can you believe this deliciousness?!
I mean, just look at that picture!
These beauties are truly a work of art, and I'm happy to be able to provide a vegan recipe to replace the old Cadbury Creme Eggs.
I hope that you will enjoy them for many years to come with your family :)
*Don't let the length of instructions fool you, I just break it down a lot so it's easy to follow, the process is actually quite simple!
- 5 Tbsp coconut butter softened
- 1⁄2 cup vegan powdered sugar sifted
- 2 Tbsp full-fat coconut milk
- 3 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp tapioca starch
- 1 bag dairy-free chocolate chips
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- Melt chocolate chips and coconut oil in a small saucepan on low heat, stir until smooth and well combined.
- Pour a small amount of chocolate into each egg shaped chocolate mold. Use a spoon or small brush to 'paint' it up the sides (or tilt your molds to spread the chocolate around). You want to have a nice coated layer so your eggs don't break too easily. (I freeze the molds ahead of time so the chocolate firms up immediately upon touching the mold which makes it easier to coat the sides)
- Place chocolate coated molds in freezer for 10 - 15 minutes until chocolate is hard again.
- Meanwhile, sift your sugar into a bowl, and stir in milk, water, and tapioca starch. Soften coconut butter and add to the sugar mixture.
- Stir until smooth and creme consistency, add more water if necessary a little at a time to get your perfect consistency.
- Separate out about 1/4 cup of the creme to a separate bowl and stir in turmeric powder to make your 'yolk'.
- Spoon 'whites' first into your hardened egg molds to about 3/4 full, then add a dallop of 'yolk' on top.
- Place back into freezer for 5-10 minutes to set the creme.
- Spoon more melted chocolate on top and spread evenly to cover the entire egg and touch all sides of your egg mold.
- Return to freezer and let harden for 20-30 minutes.
- Store in freezer until ready to eat and then gently pop your eggs out of the molds.
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.